July 9, 2010

strawberry shortcake from scratch

i think it is only proper to greet summer with one of her best gifts - strawberries! for those of you who know me, you know my disinterest in anything "non-chocolate" - but i must admit i've already made this dessert three separate times in the last month! it is pretty quick and easy to make (as long as you have some heavy whipping cream handy) and making the cream in my kitchen aid mixer is so gratifying...i can't believe there was a time in my life when i would stand over a bowl with a hand mixer waiting 5 minutes for "stiff peaks" to form?!

i've also had a few requests to start posting the recipes i make. i had originally considered doing this but since i was essentially just taking them from other blogs and trying them out, i felt guilty just re-posting. i wanted to get good so i can modify them on my own and put my own spin on it. BUT i have been swayed. and to top it off, i actually slightly modified this recipe myself!!

but, due to the lack of time today (and relocating the two blogs i modified these from) i will have start this trend with my next post...which i promise will be sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment