May 28, 2010

strawberry, chocolate and champagne cupcakes

last weekend, i had the joy in celebrating the upcoming marriage of one of my girlfriends. before we headed out to paint the town red, bachelorette party style, we all got together beforehand for dinner, gifts and the like.

i found it only proper to include alcohol in the evening's menu - and made two kinds of cupcakes: champagne cupcakes with a chocolate ganache and strawberries and an "irish car bomb" - which included guinness in the chocolate cupcake and bailey's irish cream in the frosting!

even though 99.9% of the time i prefer chocolate as the main ingredient for my desserts - i have to say my new favorite may be the angelfood textured champagne cupcake with the bittersweet ganache. the strawberry didn't hurt either. i certainly plan to make this one again!

lessons learned this time?
1. it is about time i dedicate myself to mastering the frosting tips - my irish car bomb cupcake didn't look very pretty.
2. I DON'T KNOW HOW I EVER LIVED WITHOUT A KITCHEN AID MIXER. seriously. go buy one. now. you need it. and if you think you don't, then you are wrong. it will change your life.






No comments:

Post a Comment